Nov 11, 2013

HAH620PX
Works in process.

I have my first ever solo show coming up next March at Arkadia International Bookshop. I've settled on a working title for the exhibition: Hippies And Hipsters. I'm going through my father's photographs from the 1970s when he was about my age as well as my own, finding similarities in the ways young people pose and want to be photographed.

The idea of us branding ourselves and hiding behind labels like "hippie" or "hipster" is very interesting to me. I don't want to judge or praise, just state that it's something people my age do in western culture.

I've been searching for a way to combine acrylic paint and woodcut printmaking and I think I'm finally finding marks and little visual things that I want to pursue. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so excited for you Sari.
:)
much love from Wales
casius